Arabia Weddings conducted a wedding planning survey in November 2011 in Jordan which revealed interesting fact about wedding planning in Jordan. Here are some of them:
1) 50% of all weddings in Jordan take place at 4 and 5-star hotels, while 28% are held at wedding halls and 16% at clubs and restaurants.
2) Nearly half of weddings in Jordan (48%) invite 200 to 300 guests, while a quarter of all weddings in the Kingdom (25%) invite 300 to 400 guests.
3) 81% of engaged couples set a wedding budget; 53% of whom end up overspending.
4) Average wedding spending in Jordan including engagement rings and honeymoons was found to be as follows: 30% spend between JD 10,000 to JD 15,000, 23% spend between JD 5,000 and JD 10,000, 16% spend between JD 15,000 and JD 20,000, 9.5% between JD 20,000 and JD 25,000 and 9.5% between JD 25,000 and JD 40,000. 5% spend over JD 40,000. (JD1 = $1.4)
5) Nearly 32% of marriages have an engagement period of over a year.
6) Most weddings in Jordan are planned within 3 to 9 months (55%), with 32% of engaged couples plan their wedding in less than 3 months.
7) Over 63% of couples don’t use wedding planners. Many (38%) attribute that to cost while others (36%) find it unnecessary.
8) The most favorite part of wedding planning is wedding dress shopping and honeymoon planning, followed by the selection of entertainment and music, flowers and pre-wedding parties.
9) The most critical elements in wedding planning are makeup and hairstyles of the bride, as well as, honeymoon planning, followed by the wedding dress and photo and video services.
10) The least critical elements of wedding planning in Jordan are having a wedding planner and the pre-wedding parties.
11) Over 47% of brides and grooms in Jordan use the Internet as their primary source of inspiration for their wedding, followed by 24% who identified their friends as their source of inspiration.
12) 23% of brides have made a purchase over the Internet for their wedding.
Details available in this press release.